Carven, founded in 1945
- 1945: Madame Carmen de Tommaso opens her first store on the Champs Élysées.
- 1950-1970: The fashion house starts rolling out other clothing products such as scarves, jewelry and also a collection for children. Madame Carmen becomes a popular dressmaker for airline personnel around the world.
- 2015: The two artistic directors Alexis Martial and Audrien Caillaudaud become the new designers for the women’s collection.
- On June 8, 2015, Madame Carmen died at the age of 105.
- 2016: The fashion house launches its own modern-chic eyewear label for women.
- 2019: In addition to the current collection of women’s correction frames and sunglasses, a men’s line is also being launched.
L’histoire de la Marque Carven
The brand founded in 1945 by Carmen de Tommaso, is a world-renowned high-end fashion brand.
Madame Carmen was told – because she was only 1.55 meters tall – by her mother that she could never be elegant. That prompted her to start her own haute couture line for smaller ladies.
A great success. Anno 2016, the fashion house is a highly appreciated household name with its own clothing, bags and perfume line. And as of 2016, also with a modern-chic eyewear label: Carven Eyewear.
Are you curious about this brand? Then come try on the different correction frames in our store! You are welcome in our store in Haarlem.